neděle 13. prosince 2015

My favorite Christmas movies

H E L L O  friends

There's no Christmas without Christmas movies, let me tell you that! My favorites are definitely comedies because this holiday is just all about being cheerful and happy. Here's the list of the movies I think are the best to get you into holiday spirit. Let's start with my two all time favs:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
I just don't get why my parents think this movie is creepy and annoying and God knows what else. They just don't like it and I have no idea why. I love this movie sooooo much! It has such a lovely story and it's very christmasssy. Jim Carrey's in it and he's like my all time favorite comedy actor. And there are some scenes that are just hilarious and I always laugh like a crazy person no matter how many times I've seen this movie (and I've seen this movie many, many and many times!).
The movie also has a really sweet message and an amazing end. I never miss this on Christmas. NEVER! I usually watch it on The Christmas Day while decorating the tree and it's definitely my best Christmas "tradition".


Love actually
Probably the best rom-com I've ever seen. The movie shows different aspects of love through more separate stories involving quite a wide variety of individuals, many of them are shown to be interlinked as their tales progress. And it's just so lovely and sweet. I usually cry. Not because this movie would be that sad but because it's just so very touching.
And the whole cast is just marvelous! To name just a few - Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, Martin Freeman and many others amazing actors. Seriously, I could watch this movie on repeat all the time! There's so many different characters you can relate to.


Elf
What a great comedy! To be honest I'm not very fond of Will Ferrell's movies as they can be quite silly, but Elf is a really nice, actually! I mean, it's a bit silly too, but in a really good way. It has such a sweet story. Basically, Buddy was brought up on The North Pole by Pappa Elf but one day he finally realises he's not an elf but he's actually a human and he goes to New York City to find his real dad. And it's so funny - the way he's kinda lost in there and doesn't really know what to do.
The best thing about this movie is definitely the end. It's very sweet and lovely. And so touching. It just gets you into the Christmas spirit for sure!
I was so hesitant to watch this movie for such a long time but maybe three years ago I finally got to watch it and I just fell in love with it. And now it's a must every year!
And there's also Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones in one scene and it's so hilarious.


Four Christmases
Another amazing Christmas rom-com with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. And let's face it - they are both so great! This movie is really funny and it's based around the holidays though it's more about all the relationships and stuff. But it's still very sweet and warm and everything and it definitely gets you into the holiday spirit.
So basically, Brad and Kate are a couple from San Francisco and they both come from families with divorced parents and they are both kinda afraid of a real commitment and having kids on their own. To avoid their families at Christmas they always plan a vacation abroad while pretending to be doing charity work there. But on their third year together the flight get cancelled due to the weather so they are forced to spent the holiday with their families. They have to visit Brad's father, then Kate's mother, then Brad's mother and, finally, Kate's father, thereby celebrating four Christmas in one day.
And there's so many funny moments, but also some drama as they're both kinda realizing they might want their relationship to go different ways. But don't worry there'll be a happy end!
Also - the whole cast of this movie is just amazing! There's Jon Favreau, Robert Duvall, Jon Voight, Kristin Chenoweth and even Tim McGraw.


Home Alone
I mean... Is there anyone who wouldn't know this one? I seriously doubt that. This is just the ultimate Christmas movie. Macaulay Culkin was a genius child actor and this was definitely his best movie. The end is so sweet and touching! I love this movie so much and it's something I just can't miss on TV every Christmas.


Make The Yuletide Gay
Another great rom-com, though this one's not really typical. But that's probably why I love it so much. I mean, this is like the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Seriously!
The plot is quite simple but so so so amazing! Basically, there's Olaf who's coming back home for Christmas. And though he's openly gay at school, sharing the dorm room with his boyfriend Nathan, his parents have no idea about his love life and his mom still tries to get Olaf together with their neighbour's daughter Abby. What's gonna happen when out of nowhere Nathan knocks on the door?
There's quite a few really funny scenes, especially Olaf's dad is just hilarious! And Olaf's mom is just sooo adorable! Like, I really wish my mom would be like her, seriously!
I watch this movie every Christmas. Sometimes even during the year whenever I need to lift my spirit. Although I usually cry at the end. But that's because it's just so adorable and cute and sweet and just perfect! I mean... You NEED to see this movie! Like, right now!


That would be it for now. You're gonna hear from me soon, I promise! ;)
And don't forget to let me know in the comments what's your favorite Christmas movie.

Be merry and bright.
Happy Christmas, everyone!

Lil'
xxx

Žádné komentáře :

Okomentovat