pátek 11. prosince 2015

Christmas Decoration

H E L L O  friends.

There's so many things I love about this time of the year. And Christmas decoration is definitely one of them. I love all those cosy and cute things that make my home feel really christmassy. And as I actually have two homes - a family house in Pilsen and a flat with my girlfriend in Prague, every year I've got to create the decoration twice. So I'd say I have some experience with that and every year I try to come up with something new. And here are some of my favorite types of Christmas decoration you can put up in your home to make it a little bit festive.

First on the list are the advent candles which is the first thing I put up every year because I just love me some candles! <3 It's very simply-made and amazingly-looking decoration and also a great way to count down to Christmas. This year I kinda went with two opposite ways to do this so I can show you that it doesn't really matter weither you're on the budget or you can afford to invest more into it.
In our flat in Prague I created really simple but still very nice one.


Basically all you need for this is one bigger plain white plate, four candles and some decorative bits and pieces in whatever color combination you want. I was really on budget with this one. I bought the candles in a supermarket so they were quite cheap and the beads and the silver leaves I actually saved from the last year. Those blue strings of beads are really cute as they have little blue snowflakes on them. Also blue and silver is definitely my favorite Christmas color combination as it looks very winter-like and also a bit fancy even though it's really simple and quite cheap. For extra safety and also to prevent the wax from dripping down to the plate, I put little mason jar lids underneath the candles. And that's basically it. Obviously you can put more on the plate. Maybe little branches with needles or even a few pinecones. But always make sure it's safe! I bet you don't want to burn down your flat.


In Pilsen I went with something more fancy so it costed a bit more. I put my candles into little glasses that I bought especially for this purpose. I went with silver, pink and purple color combination which is not very christmassy but it looks really nice and cute. I bought silver and very light purple strings of beads and little and very cute pink and purple balls. And how cute is that little tree with a jingle bell in the middle! I also bought square-shaped plate which looks really good as you can put each candle into one corner. You should check out Marks & Spencer, every year they have awesome decorations in store and all those little bits and pieces you can use to decorate your advent candles.
I usually light the candles just on Sundays, one candle for one week, but you can light them during the week too but be sure to have all the candles till the Chrismas as it's really nice when all four of them are burning on The Chrismas Day!

Now... To be honest I haven't really had time to go crazy with my decorations this year yet so I don't have any photos to show you. So I though I'd show you some nice things I've found on the Internet that I wanna try out this year.



This one looks so good! And it's super easy (and cheap) to create! Perfect way how to decorate your fireplace. Or you can put it up on your windowsill or even a headboard of your bed, basically any space in your home that could use a little holiday cheer. You just need some pinecones that you can find in the forest, obviously. Then you just dip pinecone in white craft paint to add color to the petal's edges. Let the paint dry and then get a red twine or yarn and wrap it around the bottom of each pinecone and knot. You can make it as long as you want and use as many pinecones as you desire. And you're all set! And it's just so beautiful!


Another budget-friendly way how to get your home into holiday spirit is to make simple festive centerpiece. I remember doing something similar maybe two years ago. I did all silver one with few strings of beads and some other ornaments and a silver mistletoe branches. It was like winter in a jar.
You can use whatever ornaments you like, you can use shiny Christmas balls or pinecones again, or even green needles. Just put it in a jar and that's it! So festive!


You can also made very similar thing outside your doors. You can put some Christmas ornaments with outdoor lights inside a big lantern and all your guests are gonna love it! Find some lanterns here.


Don't forget about Merry Christmas Garland. You'll just need twine, mini clothespins, paper letters and Christmas-colored paper. And you can even put it on your Christmas tree. So lovely!


And of course, you'll need some cute name tags for your Christmas Eve dinner. I really love these ones. They look so cool and easy to pull off! And as I create new name tags every year I always go very simple with them. So these could do!

That's it for now. There'll be more Christmas post here for sure so stay tuned!

Be merry and bright.
Happy Christmas, everyone!

Lil'
xxx

Žádné komentáře :

Okomentovat